Off-Facebook Activity and the AMI App
What is Off-Facebook activity?
According to Facebook: "Off-Facebook activity is a summary of activity that businesses and organizations share with us [Facebook] about your interactions, such as visiting their apps or websites."
What happens if you turn on off-facebook activity from the AMI app?
If AMI does not have access to to Facebook, you will not be able to use any Facebook services within the AMI app.
In particular, you will not be able to connect your Instagram to AMI or utilize the AMI Storefront. However, you will still be able to message your contacts through Facebook Messenger.
How to turn your Off-Facebook Activity back on for the AMI app
- Open the Facebook app on your device
- Tap Menu in the bottom-right corner app toolbar (this is also where you profile photo is displayed)
- Tap Settings & Privacy (located under all tiles and below Help & Support
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to the section headline Security and tap Off-Facebook Activity
- Scroll to the section with the heading What You Can Do and tap Manage Your Off-Facebook Activity
- If you've turned off Sell with AMI, it will appear in the list of apps under Activity You've Turned Off. Tap this section.
- If you see Sell with AMI listed under Activity You've Turned off, tap the 3 dots that appear next to it
- In the resulting modal, tap Allow activity from Sell with AMI to stay connected to your account
- Once tapped, you'll see that Sell with AMI is no longer in the Activity You've Turned Off list